SATA atapi support

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sat Dec 17 18:04:44 PST 2005

William Harrington wrote:

<snip comments about adding sata support>

Thanks a lot for the comments.  LiveCD trunk is still using 2.6.12.5,
which should fall under the range of versions you mentioned.  Hopefully
the below fix works for that version also, although maybe LFS
development version will change to a later kernel soon anyways.  :)

To the LiveCD devs, I have tried building a 6.1.1 LiveCD (kernel
2.6.11.12) with the following change:

sed -i "s/#undef ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI/#define ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI/"
include/linux/libata.h

And according to Will here, it booted on his sata cdrom.  I am testing
it some more on my normal pata cdrom but so far it looks stable.  Anyone
see any reason not to make this change for 6.1.1-3 LiveCD to support
sata cdroms?

Thanks.

Justin