r1292 - trunk/packages/texinfo

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Mon Dec 19 21:07:47 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>It's a pre-release, so I'm not overly concerned about bugs. All the
>same, play with it yourself once, and if you have a willing volunteer or
>two, ask them to run it through a test cycle first. When you're ready,
>we'll put it up and announce.

Ok, the CD is uploaded, but I do have concerns.  This problem only
occurs at the end when shutting down the system, so it isn't really
_that_ big a deal and we could release, but maybe it means other things
are wrong...

When I burned this LiveCD, it boots fine and works great.  The only
problem I see is at shutdown...

Sending all processes the KILL signal...               [  OK  ]
Bringing down the loopback interface...                [  OK  ]
cpio: /lib/libreadline.so.5.0: No such file or directory
cpio: /lib/libhistory.so.5.0: No such file or directory

The CD doesn't eject and freezes of course.  I tried it a few different
times and same problem in exactly the same spot.  Any ideas anyone?
This version uses readline 5.1, right?  So wonder where it is getting
the 5.0 references...

[justin at hops /mnt/lfs/lib]$ ls libread*
libreadline.so.5  libreadline.so.5.1

Justin