When XOrg 6.9/7.0 comes out...

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Wed Dec 21 10:02:11 PST 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The release is scheduled for today. I can perform a zero-day LiveCD
> update to X.Org 6.9 or experiment a bit (two or three days) and
> upgrade to 7.0 (the code is identical). Or just do nothing for now.

I don't see a problem with upgrading for LiveCD.  It is trunk afterall
and we have time until a 6.2/7.0 LFS release I think to fix any problems.

> Please express your wishes about the upgrade path. I will implement
> them after the agreement is reached.

+1

7.0 will be the future or xorg so if we can get that working, that would
be great.  I am kind of weary about how best to build sooo many packages
without needing an additional 200 directories and Makefiles in /packages
dir.  I have only seen X11R7.0-RC3 release, but it is lots of little
packages:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.0-RC3/everything/

I saw a rough draft of how to add this version to BLFS, and it was
mostly CMMI but a few variances and lots of packages.  Oh well, we shall
see.

Justin