reiser4fs support on LiveCD

Michael Chrostowski soks86 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:47:04 PST 2005

Hi,

So I just learned LFS has LiveCD and I'm back after a bad time with
Ubuntu and some other distros (although my old svn server is still
LFS).

However I saw that the LiveCD comes with reiser[4]progs to make
partitions and everything however it does not come with the sources to
create these programs on your own system nor does it come with reiser
support in the kernel. The kernel part being the larger issue and
something that I almost submitted to bugzilla before I noticed there
was a list.

I guess that's my only issue... is the exclusion of this from the
LiveCD... it just seems pretty important to support more than just
ext2 without having to mod the CD.

I hope this isn't in violation of the LFS ideals but I think FS types
are pretty important anyways, otherwise you guys wouldn't have
included the reiser progs.

Thanks a lot for the CD, hope it gets even better.

Honestly it runs better on my laptop than Live Suse 10... and that's
meant for actual use. Not to mention all these new distros don't even
install GCC in sensible places... oh linux.. what has happened.

- Michael Chrostowski