LFS LiveCD on AMD K6-2?

Steffen R. Knollmann sknolli at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Dec 29 09:34:11 PST 2005

Heijo!

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:08:42PM -0500, Martin McCourt wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild a small server at home that is running an
> outdated and very broken version of Mandrake Linux.  I'm very happy
> with my LFS system on my personal PC, and would like to create an LFS
> environment on my server (an AMD K6-2), however when using the
> LFSLive CD, it hangs when "Starting Init..."
>
> Solution?  Place to start?  Advice?

  Hmm.. I had problems to get the LiveCD running on a Pentium1 (there
should be a thread titled 'Old Systems', starting in February 2005). I
found using 'nolapic' as a kernel paramater to work around my problem.
Perhaps that'll help you too :-)

  Cheers,
    Steffen

--
If you want to stay dad you've got to polish your image. I think the
image we need to create for you is "repentant but learning".  -- Calvin