Funionfs announced on FreshMeat

Alexander E. Patrakov alexander at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 31 03:16:14 PST 2005

As FreshMeat says,

FunionFS is a union filesystem for the FUSE driver that allows a small
read-write filesystem to be superimposed on read-only media such as a
CD-ROM. It is useful for live CD distributions or systems storing files
in a PROM or a compressed filesystem such as CRAMFS.

I.e., it is a userspace reimplementation of Unionfs. Not sure if bugs
are also reimplemented (not tried this thing at all). Requires linux >=
2.6.14.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
Don't mail to patrakov at ums.usu.ru: the server is off until 2006-01-11