req for help in linux

karpurapu sandeep sandeepkva at rediffmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:59:55 PST 2005

Sir,
  we are a group of linux enthusiasts tyring to build a linux distro
from scratch by using the LFS live CD as the host system.

 we are unable to create the directories like

  binutils-build &
  gcc-build

 outside the source directory for unpacking the packages

 It is giving an error msg

After typing the following msg at the below prompt

lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources$ mkdir -v binutils-build

unable to create directory : Permission denied

 We kindly request you to give us a solution.
                                   Thanking you
                                      our group