[ANNOUNCE]: Second livecd pre-release ready

Jeremy Huntwork jmhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 7 07:12:08 PST 2005

steve wrote:
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs-livecd/lfslivecd-ppc-6.1-1-pre1.iso
>
> What is this file?  It is [mis]dated a year ago, but it is a full 400 mb
>  in size.  I only downloaded the 100mb one before.  Will this disc
> create an LFS system?  or will it just error out?
>
> sorry if i am being pesky...

You're not being pesky... ;)

That's a pre-release of a ppc livecd targeted for LFS 6.1  I put it up
on the server and meant to make an announcement about it, but have been
busy lately.  Feel free to test it out.  There are some bugs with it,
but, again it's a pre-release.

It has all the same tools on it as the x86 pre release cds, in fact it
was made by the same makefiles (slightly altered).

Keep in mind, too, that this cd will only boot on new-world macs (not
the old beige ones).

--
Jeremy H.