r1570 - trunk/packages/ddccontrol

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 26 13:28:29 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 06:05:38PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> >ppc fixes for ddccontrol
> Does it work? (just run gddccontrol without parameters from xfce, it should
> at least warn about unsupported monitor)

Can't run X just now, am connecting over ssh and tunneling through a couple
of machines to get to the ppc. The acrobatics necessary to get it to
work right this second wouldn't be worth the trouble, I don't think.
(though, if I get bored, I might see what I can do. ;) )

> Also there is some ppc-specific framebuffer in your kernel configuration.
> Does it have I2C devices associated with it? It is a good idea to enable
> them in the kernel configuration if they are currently disabled.
> ls -l /dev/i2c*

There are no /dev/i2c* devices. I do have plenty of extra tty* and pty*
devices, though. What's the config option to get rid of those again?

And yes, there are framebuffer devices compiled, but unfortunately,
dmesg is full of usb events. I do know that the graphics card uses the
'ati' driver, if that's helpful.