OpenOffice: wrong translations in .desktop files

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Apr 25 01:15:05 PDT 2004


Hello,

some translations in OpenOffice .desktop files are wrong. E.g., instead
of the Russian translation of "Printer Setup" ("Настройка принтера") I
see a presumably German one ("Drucker Verwaltung"). There are several
more such places, and German translations leaked to some languages other
than Russian.

So I considered all translations identical to the German one as
suspicious and removed them (see the attached patch).

Of course, I could delete some perfectly valid translations because e.g.
"Dokument" means "document" not only in German.

So I ask all non-English people here to review this patch and possibly
correct it before it gets commited to CVS. Do not commit this
uncorrected and completely untested patch without my permission! I don't
know if this patch breaks compilation!

P.S. I know that in Russian one should put the program name after the
document type, e.g.

Текстовый документ OpenOffice.org 1.1.1

and not

OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 Текстовый документ

I did not fix that error.

-- 
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: openoffice-1.1.1-wrong-translations.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 10879 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/patches/attachments/20040425/4180bdca/attachment.bin>


More information about the patches mailing list