LFS/BLFS forums

Lupine thelupine at gmail.com
Mon May 8 07:10:27 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 07:27 -0600, Archaic wrote:

> You must not be subscribed to any security lists, cause if you were you
> would never recommend phpBB2. That and many other php-based forum
> packages litter the security lists weekly with vulnerabilities.

Had another thought.  If phpXX type forum is what would be the worrisome
factor, then you/we could do what the gDesklets project did and just
code one up from scratch.

http://www.gdesklets.org/?mod=forum/forum

His is very much a work in progress, but I just wanted you to know there
are other options out there.  Canned or scratch, I'd just really like to
see something.  =)

-Lup