LFS/BLFS forums

Lupine thelupine at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:04:20 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 11:44 -0500, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> May be a dum question but is there a Mailing List <-> Forum bridge available?

Not a dumb question, and would probably make a transition easy.
However, no...I don't think anything exists.  Also, I wouldn't want to
"convert" in the sense of taking away the mailing list, as there are
people that love mailing lists.  Also, I think it would be very
difficult to get every mailing list user's "OK" to go ahead and sign
them up to a forum.  I mean, they might not want a forum account....know
what I mean?

Would be better to just provide as many research and documentation tools
as possible, and then just let the user decide what they want to use.
Mailinglist, IRC, News, Forums...etc.

Thanks,
-Lup