LFS/BLFS forums

Lupine thelupine at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:43:44 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 13:17 -0600, Archaic wrote:
> And again, the security vulnerablities are high.
>  We can't always be around to fix things ASAP and
> these vulns are get out into the wild immediately. There were a couple
> more BB-type packages found vulnerable just today.

wikis can have their problems too, but yet BLFS still implemented that
system.  So I guess it's all in what you like/want to support.

Options???

I'll offer my time, money and server (not my RoadRunner, I'll probably
bring one up at work) but I would require your DNS to point to it.  I'll
host the forum (and yes, run it on BLFS), but would ask that a link be
placed on the : http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/support.html

OR

Have Jeremy Huntwork code up an extremely simple (and more secure) forum
from scratch, like the gDesklets team did and host that.

OR

Do nothing, and not give what could be a great research/documentation
tool to the community.

OR

???

I just know there are a bunch of people out there that would like a
forum, so I thought I'd bring it up.  If you have anything else to
suggest, other than just knocking my idea, I AM open to suggestions.

Thanks for your time,
-Lup