Setup documentation

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 16 14:51:48 PDT 2006

Guys,

With the new server setup we (system admin team) will be setting up
documentation of all the system components: how they are configured, why
they are configured a certain way, etc.

We need similar type docs for the website components. You guys have
procedures and scripts in place that need to be documented so we all
have a better idea how everything fits together (and so I know what to
port over to the new server without breaking anything). Don't worry
about the format of the documentation, I'll take care of that part.

I just needs notes on things like how the search engine is configured
(which config files, where they are stored, rationale behind settings,
TODO lists what might be changed in the future when there is time), etc.
I'm sure the general idea is clear.

Please forward such docs to the server-admin at linuxfromscratch.org list
when ready.

Thanks.