[website] Package Source File Correction

Zach Wisman zach at pennmanor.net
Sun Jan 29 13:29:03 PST 2017

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum to post this too. I tried joining the IRC channel but kept getting a banned message.

Anyway, I though I would point out, if it is not already known, that the link for
zlib-1.2.9.tar.gz http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.8.tar.xz
in the
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/7.10-systemd/wget-list
should be updated to
http://zlib.net/fossils/zlib-1.2.9.tar.gz
as there is now a newer version of zlib. Given that the zlib archive file has been moved to /fossils/ and is in .gz rather than .xz the MD5 hash fails as well.

I saw that this is addressed in the development version of the book under changelog #4032<http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/4032> and is also updated further along when listing individual source locations.

Just wanted to mention this so that the current "stable LFS" book could be updated to reflect the correct link and MD5 hash.

Thanks,
Zach